In order to use BikeSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Our Next MTCX Zwift Series will focus on weird and interesting Zwift Courses. We'll travel the Zwift World in search of challenging courses. The idea with this series is trying to finish all the rides. Some will be challenging to just get the finish in. Results will be posted on Zwift Companion and also on the spreadsheet, but we'll offer a variety of categories and there will not be overall standings
The series is seven races, seven different courses. For seven Thursday's in a row, starting December 10th, 2020. The race start time is 5:15pm (mst). There is also a 9pm make up race offered every week. Please read the technology section below on more details about start times. You just need to register one time, so I have your information. After that you will be invited on Zwift Companion automatically every week. You can attend as many or as little as you want. .Individual course information is in the course section below. You must be on Zwift. You must have the Zwift Companion App. You must wear a heart rate strap. Here is a link to the Facebook Group. Check the technology and cheaters section for more information on that.
Technology and Must Have's
In order to register and compete in the races, you must have a Zwift setup. Bicycling Magazine has a nice piece on getting setup with Zwift, you can click that here. Also, I'm happy to be a resource. My contact is email@example.com. Beyond the general Zwift setup, you also must wear a heart rate strap to compete in this series. The next steps are to follow "Shaun Radley MTCX" on the Zwift Companion App on your phone (download this app if you don't have it already). This is how you get invited to the Zwift Meetup or in our case the individual races. Once you have followed me, I will first make sure you've registered on this page and then I will officially invite you to the races through Zwift Companion. This is the most important step and actually gets you on the ride. On race day, you want to login to Zwift at least 15 minutes prior, so 5pm. Then you want to physically enter and ride in a world. Ideally, the world you ride in is the one that contains our course for that day (for example if the course is "Watopia Waistband" then you should ride in "Watopia" before the race). At some point, anywhere from 2-20 minutes before the start, you will get a message that asks if you want to join the Meetup. Just click "Join." Your avatar will move to the starting pen for the course with all the other registered racers. There is a ticker counting down till the ride start. This is the ticker till when the race starts.
Race Radio will be on the Discord Audio App. You can listen in to race commentary, get updates and here what's going on. I can invite you to the Zwift MTCX Server upon registration or send you the link. It's an App on your phone.
I will use the Zwift Companion App for race results in each category. Results will contain the finishing order in each category, but for details on time back and wattage you will need to look at the results in Zwift Companion App.
Below are some guidelines on which category to register for. All the races will start on "one gun." With all categories being together and racing together in one group (keep this in mind for your strategy). The category results will be posted in the results spreadsheet post-race, along with the overall results for everyone. For this series I am making up some fun categories, so just select the category that keeps you motivated and engaged, and remember if you are eligible for two categories just pick your fav and you will be listed in the overall results for comparing to the larger group.
Rules and Doping
- If you'd like to trainer dope, dope in general, or worry about others doping then this is probably not the event for you. I can spot folks who aren't being realistic and take it up with them one on one. That said I do not have a sure-fire system of knocking out dopers or anything like. Please be realistic with body weight and trainer calibration. I will be double checking folks on their watts per kg compared to their Zwift and Zwift Power profiles.
- Zwift bike and wheel selection can be a big deal, especially for hilly courses. There will be no requirements for what setup you need to ride. It's a virtual arms race at this point, start storing up those sweat credits.
- For the races, change your profile name to have your category at the end. For Example "Shaun Radley - A/B." This will allow for racers to know who they are up against in terms of categories.
- Upgrades will be handled by me. You can request or I will just email you and propose an upgrade. It should be an honor and it means you've been working hard and doing well.
The results will be posted HERE. I will be using the Zwift Companion App Race Results feature for overall results. We will have a new team competition as well and the details are posted below. Please read.
- New for this series, we'll track overall team standings. Each category (Women's A, Women's B, Junior/NICA, A/B, C/D, Clydesdale) counts for the same point total 1 through 20. Those points go to your team total. Best team wins matching Pink Blitz Sunglasses for the whole team.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.