In order to use BikeSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Good evening. Lots of emails today, huh? Well we've got one more and this one is IMPORTANT!!!
1) Remember, please complete the COVID questionnaire sent out this morning. It can also be accessed on the main page at www.6PillarsCentury.org
2) PACKET PICKUP FOR FRIDAY HAS CHANGED LOCATION!!!! We have been notified of heavy winds coming in to the area tomorrow (should be done tomorrow night) so in an abundance of caution, we are moving our packet pickup to the BACKSIDE of the Dorchester Family YMCA, located at 201 Talbot Avenue. Do not come in the front door, instead come around the back to the vestibule area.
Please, wear a mask in case we have to be INSIDE, though the plan is to remain outdoors. Please be sure to follow social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
3) Speaking of the YMCA, we were asked if they had a day rate use for non-YMCA members to be able to use the shower facility afterwards. Unfortunately their COVID restrictions will not allow this, and non-members are not allowed to use the facility on Saturday, after the ride.
4) Someone asked about the tweak to the Century bike course and if there were porto johns on the first little out and back, within the first 10 miles. There are no additional that we have placed out, but that is because there is one already at the Windmill around mile 9, and there are some at the baseball field at the end of Dailsville/Town Pointe Rd. You can use those prior to the Church Creek aid station.
5) For those that have ridden with us before, THAT aid station, Church Creek, is the first one. We have partnered with the Church Creek Fire Department this year and the aid station is AT their fire department. This is great for the 37 mile riders, because as soon as you get back on your bike, you will be at your turn. Everyone else will go straight.
6) MD Governor Larry Hogan removed the outdoor mask mandate yesterday, and we have fielded many questions on it. The Dorchester County Health Department would like for us to follow our original COVID plan as much as we can, until all of the details of the order can be worked out. Please, continue to wear a mask when you cannot social distance. When you can social distance, please do so.
Hoping that we don't have to send any more last minute surprises, but welcome to riding in a pandemic. Here's to an uneventful day tomorrow!! See you tomorrow night at the Dorchester Family YMCA (201 Talbot Avenue) from 5pm to 8pm, if you are picking up.
Any questions, our email is firstname.lastname@example.org